NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lee Peipert <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 16 Dec 1997 16:45:57 -0500
Hi  Robin, I am skeptical too.  My son was
born 36 yrs ago with a milk allergy.  We went
from formula to formula.  He had projectile
vomiting and diarrhea.  His young years were
miserable. He had croup every 3 weeks relig-
iously and had bouts of bronchitis.  It was very
hard to keep him on milkfree diet, but we did.
As he got older, he cheated away from home.
I could not figure out where these bouts of
upset stomachs were coming from.  Not from
my house.  Well, he turned 14, and a miracle
happened.  He outgrew the allergy and was
able to have milk and milk products again. He
never suffered with any of the food allergies he
had as a child after puberty.  I am happy to say
he outgrew his milk allergy and he can eat
everything now and is fine.(all 3 of his children
were allergic to milk, but did better than he did,
outgrowing it at 2=3 yrs of age) So I do believe
you can outgrow it. I acquired an allergy to
the proteins in milk when I was 18 and that is
the way I remained to this day.
                 Rosalie in NJ