NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 30 Dec 1997 13:12:36 -0500
Janine Rae wrote:
> I have not written in a long time but have been following this whole
> debate for days.  My question is, am I the only one who found Ilya and
> Robert Husby to be just as "rude, childish, etc" as Robert Cohen.  One
> cannot argue with oneself.  Were these other people removed also?
> Idea?  Try removing them and reinstating R. Cohen.
Could you please give an example of me being rude, childish, etc.?
I did argue, but I thought there was an important point(s) to make,
on subjects of interest to this list which I made calmly. I did not
call anyone names, and did try to stick to the argument at hand.
I did point out that Roberts style is to respond with a volume of
anti-milk/anti-dairy statements to virtually any challange of his
statements. (Please realise that I have been a subscriber to this
list since the beginning and have had arguments with him before,
thus very familiar with his style. Thus my remarks to that effect).
I do NOT dispute that milk/dairy consumption has various
undesirable effects on people. I do NOT defend milk/dairy, nor am
I trying to convince people on this list to eat dairy. What I do want
is information about these negative effects, exactly what causes them,
and possible ways to avoid some of them. Milk allergies/sensitivities
are not the only dietary problems out there. I have to restrict my
diet rather drastically for other health reasons. Avoiding all dairy for
me would make my diet very hard. That's why I want to know exactly what
I can and can not eat and why. I hope you don't consider people with
other sensitivities unwelcome on this list.

Unlike Robert I also do not consider recipie discussions boring or
inappropriate - I understand that that's exactly the reason most
people are on this list. I simply would like to be able to discuss
some of the issue of interest to me as well on this list sometimes,
which I do very rarely. The reason I butted in and responded to Cohen
is because he was making blatantly untrue statements that no one else
seemed to be disputing at the time. His interpretation
of various hormonal health effects is completely off. Even so, when
some people on the list expressed a desire for me to stop I did
(without 'agreeing to stop' with Robert, as he claimed). I personally
do not intend to continue a discussion when it is not wanted by
the listeners.

This is my one and only post defending myself to this list. If
anyone wants to respond, please do so privately.

Ilya