NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
engjrntchr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 27 Feb 2000 14:27:45 -0800
I have a recipe for bran muffins using bran cereal that keeps for 6
weeks in the refrigerator.  You just scoop what you want out each
morning and cook 'em up.

My question is:  the recipe calls for buttermilk.  I'm sure it has
something to do with the rising and preserving.  Has anyone used a
similar recipe before or found a buttermilk alternative???

My mom suggested adding vinegar to soy milk as you would to regular
cow's milk to substitute for buttermilk.  I'm not so sure and don't want
to waste all the ingredients.  It makes a big batch.

Thanks for any help! :)
Deborah