NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abigail Neuman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 4 Dec 1997 13:05:27 -0700
Today I spoke with Sue Harris, 800-468-1714, at Hersheys regarding Hershey's Chocolate
Syrup.  Only the squeeze bottle version of this product can be guaranteed gluten
free and milk free.  It is manufactured on dedicated equipment which is used only
for this product.  The canned version of the product is manufactured on the same
equipment as their fudge toppings, some of which contain gluten and/or milk; however,
they do clean the equipment between runs.  I would rather be safe than sorry, so
I will use only the squeeze bottle.  I have been dying for some chocolate which is
gluten free and milk free.  I really don't mind eating it by the spoonful if I have
to!  I am going to try it lightly poured over raisins.  I love chocolate covered
raisins.  Does anyone have any gluten free and milk free recipes using this syrup?
 I would greatly appreciate creative ideas for use of this product.

An interesting thing I discovered today while speaking with another employee at Hersheys,
is the ingredients in Polysorbate 60.  It contains Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, and
Sorbitol (which can have a laxative effect on some people).  Hersheys Syrup does
contain Polysorbate 60, so those who are sensitive for some reason to Sorbitol may
want to make note of this. (Please note that none of these ingredients are derived
from wheat, rye, oats, barley or milk.)

Thanks.  Abigail
---
You will find Celiac chat instructions on my homepage. I downloaded a picture of
me the other day; so on each page, click on reload for latest version of that page.

http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4003/

http://www.mailexcite.com