NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"M. Steiner" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Nov 1997 14:09:39 -0800
> > Does anyone know any sites that shows a link between
> genetics and Lactose Intolerance

~~~~~
> I have seen sites that show the varying percentage of people
> with lactose intolerance among people from different ethnic
> backgrounds.  I think that that would support the theory
> that it is genetic.  Sorry I don't know the URLs.
~~~~~~~~
The company "Lactaid" has a plenty of literature on the different races and
the prevalence of lactose intolerance. They have an 800 No. and are very
helpful. I don't know if they have started a website.  It would be
interesting to find out.
They are ONLY talking about INTOLERANCE, not allergy though.
I think Asian people are first on the list.  It only makes sense as it
explains why oriental food doesn't use milk or milk products.
I wish I had their chart handy.  If I remember well, blacks were also at
the top of the list, and people of Southern European ancestry.