NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lori Redman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Nov 1998 20:38:27 -0500
One more thought on cinnamon allergies - I thought I was allergic to cinnamon
flavoured toothpaste. It caused a slight burning in my mouth which spread to my
lips. Nothing serious but, definitely a reaction. It turns out that most
cinnamon flavourings are actually something called cinnimate. it is very
similar to cinnamon but it is a cheaper flavouring (it is used in gum). It is
known to be a common allergen (or at least an irritant in sensitive people). So
in commercial products, watch for that real cinnamon flavouring!

This info was thanks to my brother, the food chemist.

Lori