NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Katie Addison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jan 2000 23:02:33 -0800
Hi,

We were in Los Vegas for 3 days last summer.  We stayed at the Bellagio.
Room Service was excellent in answering questions, and my daughter who is
very casein-allergic loved their food and had no reactions.  Neither, my
husband or I can remember exactly what she had (twice since she loved it),
but it was a steamed chicken dish with lots of rice and we think maybe it
was from their Thai restaurant.

We also took the kids to the Motown Cafe in New York/New York.  The waitress
there was extremely helpful.  I remember that we got creative with what to
get her, but do not remember exactly what we did.  It was either a burger
and I had read the bun ingredients (I did that at least once this summer) or
it was pasta with safe marinara sauce.  The main thing was that the
restaurant was really fascinating and the kids enjoyed the experience as
much as the food.  The kids are 5 and 7.

While it is possible in some restaurants to find a kid's meal that is safe
for Rebecca, we often end up having to get an full-price entree for her
(which we sometimes split with her).

We located a Whole Foods in Los Vegas so we did not have to rely on only
food brought from home.  Having rented a car helped.

Totally off-subject, we took the kids to the Hoover Dam, to a dessert museum
that we found through the tourist info. book in the hotel room, and to the
Siegfreid and Roy animals at the Mirage.  My husband and son went to the
candy factory while Rebecca and I played in the room.  We actually found
many things for the kids to enjoy.  You might want to preview the free
outdoor Merlin and the Dragon mechanical show BEFORE taking your child.
Both mine found it scary.  They LOVED the Bellagio fountain shows set to
music.

Have Fun, Katie