NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 6 Nov 2000 20:44:13 -0600
Thanks to all who responded to my question about shortening.  I will keep in
mind that my daughter may react to the Crisco.   The truth is I don't even
know if she is allergic to dairy or intolerant to it. Her only symptom when
she drinks milk  is to immediately throw it up, if she eats it (cheeses,
yogurts, ice cream, etc)  then it takes a while but she eventually throws
that up too. . From what I have read that is an allergic reaction not an
intolerant reaction.    But seeing that she is only 19 months old now and
she can't tell me how she feels I will treat her like she is allergic until
she can communicate to me how she feels.

I know there is a difference between the two, I know they are not even
related.   But since she doesn't have the "classic" allergy reaction it is
hard to tell.  Her pediatrician suggests holding off on the allergy testing
just because it isn't 100% reliable.   He didn't even suggest a LI test.

Was it easy for you to discover the allergy or LI in your children ( for
those who have children)  I guess it is just best to wait it out isn't it?

Marianna
SAHM to Adam 6
Matthew 4
Kianna 19 months