NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:35:01 -0500
At 10:25 AM 2/28/2006, you wrote:
>I don't know... I still think maybe their "experts" told them that all of
>the proteins were removed and thus did not contain those allergens.

And their experts aren't totally wrong. They're saying what is likely
valid for a significant subset of the allergic population. Trouble
is, there may be some at the tail of the curve for which the
conventional wisdom does not apply. And it's those (us) who find the
sweeping statement alarming.

Bottom line, it's just not good PR to make such a sweeping statement.
I expect that once the lawyers and PR experts have had a crack at it,
it will say something more caveated.

Mark