NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 18 Dec 1997 23:33:11 -0500
Robert Cohen 1-888-not-milk wrote:

> Er...Ilya...after churning all that milk what did the Pilgrims
> accomplish?  The water evaporated and they preserved a product with
> concentrated fat, cholesterol, hormones and allergenic bovine
> proteins.
> Please tell me where I am wrong.
Sure - butter contains no protein, nor carbohydrates (well, trace
amounts) while milk contains plenty of them. Water isn't the only
thing that was lost. Butter is made from milk FAT, not the whole
milk. Most people with health concerns are concerned with casein
and lactose (proteins and carbs in milk) which aren't present in butter.
I don't know how much clearer this could be.

> Eating one pound of ice cream or butter
> or cheese is not the same as eating one pound of milk.
Never said it was.

> I've got to disagree with your analogy.
Sure thing. Just curious though, how is cheese = x10 milk because
it takes x10 milk to make it differs from chicken = x3 grains
because that's the amount of grain it takes to raise chicken?
(Remember that cheese is actually flesh of bacteria that fed on
milk, just as chickens fed on grain).

Ilya