NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 26 Apr 1999 08:57:40 -0600
On 1999.04.24, Automatic digest processor wrote:
:
: A doctor/friend has suggested that we consider using "Singulair" to decrease
: allergic reactions associated with my daughter's asthma.  It, however, lists
: "lactose monohydrate" as an ingredient.   My daughter is highly allergic to
: milk, but our accidental exposures have all been casein related, so I'm no
: sure how to anticipate her possible reaction to this.  Any thoughts or
: experience?
:
: Cathy -- Mom of allergic 3 year old Hannah.
:

Cathy -

It may be worth asking if there is a liquid version of the drug, which may
not have lactose in it?  Otherwise, you'll have to weigh the pros and cons.
My daughter has reacted to lactose in drugs, when she was younger and her
allergy more severe.  Now, I think she could tolerate it, but we haven't
tried it - no reason to for now.  She takes Claritin liquid during pollen
seasons, with good success.

Laurie (and Alyssa, 4yo)