NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Tammy Glaser <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 May 1997 07:55:35 -0400
>Hi all, got a question.  My son is very small and 2.  He is majorally
>allergic to milk.  Me and the dr. are trying to think of high fat foods he
>can eat that have no dairy.  Do you guys have any ideas??  I heard  an
>avocodo is high in fat.  Is this true?

Avocados are high in monounsaturated fats and are delicious.  We try to
stick to monounsaturated fats, which include olives (my kids LOVE them),
olive oil, canola oil, macadamia nuts, peanuts (beware of allergies) and
avocado.  Be careful to look at the quality of the fat.  Not all fats are
created equal.  Like several members of this list, we avoid transfatty acids
COMPLETELY.

Tammy G.

"A parent's love perceives no limitations."