NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Honduvall <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 30 Apr 2001 09:15:19 -0400
Sorry its taken so long to respond, I haven't been on the computer for a
while.  My son is now 8 years old and diagnosed with severe allergy to dairy
when he was an infant.  When he was firsr born I breastfed him and he always
screamed whenever he started to nurse and then after nursing he was very
colicky. I expressed my concerns to the pediatrician and they told me to cut
out spicy foods, when that didn't work they suggested cutting out my dairy.
So I stopped all dairy and he didn't have any problems again after that,
with my breastmilk.  When he was four months old a family member gave him a
little lick of ice-cream and his eyes swelled and he had hives all around
them and around his mouth.His worst reaction as a baby at about 15 mos he
got hold of a little piece of cheese and his whole body was covered in
hives, his mouth and eyes swelled.  He also would vomit. He was finally
tested by an allergist at 2.  We were also told he would possibly out grow
this.  But he is now 8 and still very allergic, if you kiss him after eating
dairy his throat gets itchy and hives around his mouth, he is very sensitive
to it. I hope you r child does outgrow it.  We pray every day that ours
will.   Sincerely, Honey