NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
The Finnerty's <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 May 1997 19:03:58 -0400
We use Fleishman's Unsalted (have used it for six years).  My daughter is
exquisitively sensitive to milk and this is o.k. for us.  Fleishmans make
several varieties so BE CAREFUL.  For example the red container (here in
Canada) has whey powder but the blue doesn't!  I bake with this too and
things turn out nicely!  A new margarine on board the milk-free train is
Canola Harvest, lactose free margarine.  Again a word of caution - the
containers look very similar (one canola harvest brand has whey in it so
READ the LABEL.).  This margarine is salted and so appeals to my
non-allergic child and to myself.  My daughter is used to the non-salted
variety and refuses to switch - so we buy both!

Marie