NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sandr Sheeley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 2002 22:08:51 -0500
I really have no experience with that type of reaction, except through a
food challenge that we did at St. Louis Children's Hospital last fall.  They
had us continue to give my son Benadryl every 6 hours for 24 hours after the
conclusion of the test to ensure that the reaction didn't recur.  I think
that I would wait a minimum of 48 hours after the reaction had resolved, and
he had been symptom-free without medication for at least 24 hours before
even considering taking any type of extended trip.  Obviously, I have no
medical expertise and this is just the opinion of a mom.  I would be
interested to know what your allergist recommended.

Sandy

From: E. J. Mumaw <[log in to unmask]>
Any suggestions on how long to wait after a reaction like this?