NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 17:10:16 -0500
OFF GFCFDiet List
From: Angela Lowry <[log in to unmask]>

You could use yeast if you let it rise in the pan after rolling into buns.
But originally it was more like a moist bisquit dough, with baking powder
and soda. So that is 2 1/2 cup flour mix including a teaspoon soda and a
teaspoon and a half baking powder, OR use a Noah's Bread recipe and squeeze
out into pan in squiggles like a funnel cake.

Cobbler Cinna-buns
I was looking through an old cookbook and I came across this recipe for old
fashioned cobbler and it LOOKED like cinnamon rolls in the pan - so I gave
it a try and I found out that they were brilliant! Cinnamon rolls can be dry
and more or less lifeless - THESE are moist and delicious and an instant
favorite here!

            2 1/2 cups GFCF baking mix, Arrowhead Mill or similar mix that
includes leavening, I use a Noah's Bread style mix
            1 cup gfcf milk OR 1/2 cup GFCF milk and 1/2 cup sparkling water
            Fresh fruit of your choice - about 4 cups diced (I have used
peaches and nectarines, but I think strawberries would really be lovely!)
            3/4 cup sugar
            oil
            Cinnamon to taste

            Cut the fruit into small chunks and mix with 1/2 cup of the
sugar. Set aside. Meanwhile, mix together the baking mix and the milk until
you have a slightly sticky dough. Roll out on a floured surface until you
have a rectangle about 18 inches long and about 12 inches wide. Spray the
dough with some oil. Prepare a 13x9-inch baking dish by spraying liberally
with the oil, now drain the liquid from the fruit into the bottom of the
baking dish. Spread out about half the fruit onto the dough that has been
sprayed with cooking spray. Sprinkle evenly with the 1/4 cup sugar, and then
sprinkle on some cinnamon...Lots if you like it or go sparingly if you don't
like a lot. The rest of the fruit gets spread over the bottom of the baking
dish in the fruit juice. Now carefully roll the dough up - just like you
would cinnamon rolls or a jelly roll... Cut into 12 pieces and place into
the baking pan with the fruit juice on the bottom. Bake at 350 for about 30
to 40 minutes.
            Remove from oven and cool. These can be glazed with a
confectioner's glaze (1 cup powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and 4
tablespoons GFCF
milk whisked together until smooth.)