NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Abigail Neuman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 3 Nov 1997 16:25:56 -0700
>Karen,
>I got canker sores from gluten.
>Susan

Susan/Karen, I got canker sores from gluten also.  I also had trouble with a "geographic
tongue."  My tongue would get stripped when I ate things with lots of gluten.  This
especially happened when I used Niastatin Oral Suspension (for a yeast infection
in my throat after I had my tonsils out).  This suspension contains gluten.  It made
my tongue red, and sore, and gave me canker sores also.  Now I only get canker sores
when I injure my mouth--like when I jam my tooth brush into the inside of my cheek!
LOL. (I'm kind of a clutz at times.)

I have been reading a book about Coeliac Disease which states that canker sores can
be caused by a gluten intolerance.  If the canker sores are caused by such an intolerance,
they will go away after the offending food has been removed from the diet.  Perhaps
Karen's son has more than just a milk intolerance/allergy?  It might be worth checking
out.  Take Care.

Abigail, St Paul, MN
MilkFree/GlutenFree
---
http://www.geocities.com/HotSprings/Spa/4003/
Join the Monday night Celiac chats from 8PM - 10PM ET
and the celiac forum at: http://www.medsupport.org

http://www.mailexcite.com