NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"M. Steiner" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 7 Dec 1997 21:57:56 -0800
> Wow.  This is interesting to learn about the effect of
> heat on lactose.  I already knew that mozzarella,
> among cheeses, is the one containing about the least
> amount of lactose (according to info sent me by the
> Lactaid people when I called their 800 number).
Hi,
This to me is quite strange, since one of the cheeses that bothers me the
most is the regular mozzarella (or the part skim.)  The only one I can
handle better is the Fresh Mozzarella, that you buy in the Italian Grocery
stores and comes packed in water.
The SCD by Elaine G. lists Mozzarella as one of the few no-no cheeses in
her list of "hard cheeses"
In any case, WHO KNOWS.  We all have to try by ourselves and see what works
best {and upsets our tummies the least :-) }
Stay well, and enjoy those pizzas for me,
Monica