NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 18 Jan 2002 09:14:38 -0500
Thanks, Myra.

I've found that airlines are among the worst (and riskiest) offenders. I
routinely order the Vegan/NonDairy meal, and they all-too-often mess up.
Mostly it's in the salad dressing that contains cheese, the margarine that
contains whey, or the dinner roll that contains milk. (That last one had me
hovering with my EpiPen, praying that I didn't have to be the one that
brought the plane down for an "unscheduled landing").

These days I "bulk up" before flying, take extra food on board, and pass on
any meal that even hints of being a problem. It's one thing to be dialing
9-1-1 and going to the ER; it's quite another to  have to set down in
Cleveland (or Peoria or Omaha or any unscheduled place). Chances are, the
time it would take just to land might be too much.

Mark