NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Katie Addison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 10 Jan 2000 20:37:33 -0800
I just checked the archives to see if I remembered correctly and I did.

Tropical Source chocolates are NOT dairy-free.  They are labeled dairy-free but
by US labeling laws a product can label itself dairy-free if it has less than 3%
dairy in it (WAY more than my daughter can tolerate).  Be careful of this in
whipped toppings as well.

For the person who asked about casein - it is one of the main proteins in milk.
Technically, a person who is allergic to milk is reacting to one or more of the
milk proteins.  There are really good descriptions of all the ways to not be
able to digest milk safely in the archives so I will not expand here.  The
archives can be reached at http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/no-milk.html
and they are a GREAT resource.

Katie