NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"M. Steiner" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Dec 1997 12:09:36 -0800
> I'm still looking for a good, artificial butter flavoring for those times
> when the oil, the salt, and the flavoring are important, but not the
> hydrogenation (i.e., where the stuff is going to be melted anyway so its
> artificial "body" is unimportant). All of the butter flavorings that I've
> seen are derived from milk. Any suggestions?
>
> Mark

Hi Mark,
I think I have the perfect solution for you.  (If I read correct that you
are after flavor and not a cooking ingredient.  I buy "Buttery Delite" by
Tryson House.   It is Kosher U-Parve.  It comes in a spray can, just like
Pam does.  It has a quite distinct butter flavor, and you can spray in on
corn, eggs, popcorn, toast, etc.  Of course it will not serve you well for
baking and such, but I use it in the frying pan to panfry in "butter".  I'm
not saying the stuff IS butter, but, I think it's pretty decent product.
In case you cannot get it in your area, there is an 800 # you might want to
call.
The ingredients listed are:
Sunflower oil
Lecithin
salt
natural flavors (but remember it is Parve, so no butter here)
beta carotene and propellant
Tryson House
A division of par-way/tryson companies
107 Bolte Lane