NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Dennis Andrews <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 15 Dec 1997 09:57:52 +0800
> I've wondered about KFC too.  Anyone know about hazards there.  I have
> successfully fed my daughter chicken from there with all breading
> removed, but have not tried any other food from KFC.

KFCs breading contains milk products as does the mashed potatoes. Don't know
about the potato salad...

> The same goes for Taco Bell.  Anyone know??  We had a cheese-free
> regular taco without problem.  Some flour tortillas contain whey and/or
> milk products.  Don't know if Taco Bell's do or not.

Cheese and sour cream are the main problems at Taco Bell. The deserts
also used to have milk products in them but Taco Bell changed them
and I don't know what the chrrent ingredients are. I don't eat them just
to be safe.

Depending on who is working in the kitchen, I have had one or two problems.
A couple of times I ordered a double decker without cheese and after
complaining when it was served with cheese, the kitchen help just scraped off
the visible cheese and gave it back to me. Natually this didn't get all the
cheese buried under the lettuce. Also since the food is all made in one
production line sometimes a little cheese will get mixed in with the lettuce
and accidentally served. I usually take a quick look at it just in case.

This is still better than the local McDonalds who changed their bun supplier
to one that used whey while the chart on the wall said that the buns were milk
free.

Dennis.