NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
engjrntchr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Jun 2000 12:21:24 -0700
This series of recipes was in our local Sunday paper.  I thought some of
you might want to try these milk free treats.  We plan to do so this
week.
Credit goes to Gannett News Service

Deborah

Fruit Puree Sorbet

Prepare 2 cups of smooth fruit puree, such as raspberry, strawberry,
blueberry, peach, mango, papaya, nectarine or melon.  Make a syrup by
boiling 1/4 cup sugar in 2/3 cup water until sugar is melted. Stir into
the puree.  Refrigerate until mixture is cold.  The freeze the sweetened
puree in an electric sorbetiere machine or a food processor.  Makes 1
quart.

Chocolate Sorbet
2 cups water
1 cup sugar
1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, best possible quality

Combine ware and sugar in a saucepan over medium heat.  Stir until sugar
dissolves.  Whisk in the cocoa and bring to a simmer.  Simmer for 3
minutes, stirring constantly.  Remove from heat, pour through a fine
strainer into a bowl.  chill in refrigerator for 2 hours.  Stir the
cooled mixture, then freeze in 1 or 2 batches in your ice cream machine
according to manufacturer's directions.  when finished the sorbet will
be soft but ready to eat.  For firmer sorbet, transfer to a freezer safe
container and freeze at least 2 hours.  Makes about 3 cups.