NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robyn Kozierok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 26 Oct 2006 09:52:55 -0400
Right after I sent my last note, I got notice of the following new
Kashrut alert:

----------
The following kashrus notice is from the OU on Oct. 25, 2006.

Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe Cake Mixes have gone back pareve status.
Pinnacle Foods has reversed a decision made in 2005 to switch the
product to dairy. Twelve of 18 Moist Deluxe flavors, representing more
than 80 percent of sales, are being returned to pareve. These include,
Moist Deluxe Classic Yellow, Devil's Food, Lemon Supreme, Butter
Recipe Golden, Swiss Chocolate, Spice, Fudge Marble, Pineapple
Supreme, Butter Recipe Fudge, German Chocolate, Red Velvet and Dark
Chocolate Fudge.
Pareve production began in September and Duncan Hines has begun
shipping product to stores. It should be in most locations by November
and December, the company says.

Ed. note: Check each label to ensure that each product purchased is
pareve and not from the previous dairy production.
The previous alert can be cited with the URL:
http://www.kashrut.com/Alerts/?alert=A1852

So... I guess they have confirmed the process.

Since DH told you that they are using shared lines, now it is up to
each individual to determine whether kosher standards of equipment
cleaning are "good enough" for their purposes.

--Robyn