NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
rene spencer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Dec 2001 04:37:19 +0000
I and another parent of a dairy allergic child have recently called two
different bread manufacturers in our area (Missouri).  Both reported to us
that their bread uses sodium stearyl lactylate, which is animal derived,
rather than dairy derived.  We still have to read labels, but Colonial and
Butternut breads have turned out to be safe (basic sandwich loaves and
buns).  Different locals may use different ingredients, but we have found
the companies to be very cooperative and willing to share information
regarding allergens.

Rene