NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 2 Nov 2005 17:24:10 -0500
>The doctor asks what her symptoms are and I say bad stomach cramps,
>dark circles under the eyes, poor
>sleeping, and she gets emotional.

Amazing, eh? Allergic shiners? Irritability due to sleep
disturbances, probably due to breathing issues stemming from a
lower-grade allergic response to dairy? Why is it so familiar to us
and yet so foreign to some GPs?

I'd tell the same story to our sons' very capable allergist and she'd
say "Yes, these are indeed, manifestations of allergic response"
(probably using terminology that's a bit more "medically correct").

The challenge is to find the child comfort, while meeting nutritional
needs. Not easy, since a child with allergic manifestations to dairy
might also be allergic to other things - other foods, airborne and
other environmental allergens, etc. And also might have low-grade asthma. Etc.

It's up to us to learn what we can, find very good medical support,
prevent preventable exposures, treat unpreventable exposures, and
hope that nothing gets any worse.

G' Luck

Mark