NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Vicki Westlund <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 13 Mar 1997 19:15:06 -0500

<< I don't know whether I posted this before, as I've had some problems, as
of
 late.

  I was amazed to find a milk product (hydrolyzed casein) in some brands of
 canned tuna fish.

 Does anyone know the brands that don't have hydrolyzed casien in them?

 And, would the hydrolyzed casein be just as allergenic as the whole casein
 molecule?

 Of course, I would appreciate any response, if someone has an answer to the
 above questions.

 Peter

Peter,
When I shop for foods, I want NOTHING added, so I usually buy the dietary
foods. This holds true for tuna, the Bumble Bee, "Diet Low Salt" has nothing
added. BTW- hydrolyzed casein is MSG, just not 100%

Vicki