NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Lynda Mitchell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 30 Mar 1999 20:03:24 EST
In a message dated 3/30/99 6:17:09 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> Well then for your child, fat wasn't an issue, but that's not what the
>  original poster wants:  she said she did not want to use soy.

I missed the original post, but just want to mention that toddlers don't
necessarily need a formula if they are getting adequate nutrition from solids.
My son was one of those toddlers who was allergic to all formulas on the
market due to milk and soy allergies (elemental formulas were not yet
invented).  We switched him, under the guidance of a clinical dietician to
water only with a carefully balanced diet of solid foods.  He grew and gained
weight just fine under this plan.

Lynda