NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mark Feblowitz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 8 Jun 1998 10:14:37 -0400
>>We simply eat other foods rich in calcium {and other vitamins as well}
>>such as broccoli, lots of leafy green veggies, etc.  The vitamins you
>>get from natural sources are usually the best for you.
>
>I try to get my vitamins and minerals from my food as well.  For myself,
>not taking a pill means I take more responsibility for choosing healthier
>food.  As a result, I make much better choices about what to eat.

For those of us with dairy allergies, there is no way to get enough calcium
in our diets to provide the necessary amounts. We have to supplement. The
question is not whether, but which sources are adequate, effective, and
save. That's especially important for our son, who is entering adolescence
and needs significant amounts.

Mark Feblowitz                  GTE Laboratories Incorporated
[log in to unmask]              40 Sylvan Road, Waltham, MA 02154-1120