NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 21 Apr 2009 10:31:53 -0400
Animal Holocaust ~~ gerry lowry wrote:
> Susan, my spouse, has created recipes that do taste good ~~ if you do not know how
> to adapt your recipes so that they will taste good, you'll likely pick up some ideas by trying a few of Susan's recipes.

Thank you for the recipes, Gerry.
Dairy-free, whether vegan or not, is what this list is about.

> In all honesty, feeling guilty for eating meat is appropriate.  My regret is that such guilt is not sufficient to bring out your
> compassion such that you will take the next step towards cruelty free eating.

Now this, and the rest of your post, is explicitly off topic.
It does not matter whether we agree with your points or not, they have nothing to do with milk avoidance and therefore do not belong on this mailing list.

A commonly accepted compromise is to put a link in your signature. That way, people that are interested in the subject can go there and those that are not can still benefit from your posted recipes without distraction.  You already have the link in the subject, it is more obtrusive and less convenient (not clickable) but can work as well (it even makes your posts easier to filter out)

So here's the deal: you will respect the list members by restricting your evangelism to more appropriate channels and I will respect your beliefs by not waxing poetic about my BBQ.  Agreed?

Regards,
Alex.

PS, to bring this back on topic:

At the age of 11, my daughter has finally stopped reacting to diary and raw eggs. What worked for us was strict avoidance, even a couple of years after both skin and blood tests came negative (she used to react on touch) but YMMV. She still reacts strongly to tree nuts and the allergist says it is most likely for life.

On the other hand, my son (7) was diagnosed with lactose intolerance so dairy restrictions are still in effect.