NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Robyn Kozierok <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Mar 1997 14:48:33 -0500
>I was wondering about adding Flax oil to our diets, given the recent
>discussion on omega 3 fats.  How much would one add?  Are there capsules
>one can take and how many would be appropriate?  Can you cook with flax
>oil?

I just picked up some flax oil capsules at a local "natural foods" store
and they recommend 1-2 per day (1000mg capsules).  You can add flax seeds
to baked goods (breads etc.) and there is a recipe to use flax as an egg
replacer.  I wonder how much flax seed it takes to get a day's worth of
the magic oil?  I am very interested in this as I am anaphylactic to fish,
and thus almost certainly deficient in Omega-3 fatty acid!  I am happy to
learn there is another source, as I have often wondered what effect this
could have.

--Robyn