NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Clifford Sarah M <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 2 Dec 1997 12:48:49 -0800
> recently I tried a couple slices of good quality pizza
> with low fat mozzarella and thick bread from a
> gourmet deli (with some Lactaid pills).  My stomach
> started turning with the first bite.  The low fat cheese
> has more lactose than the cheap stuff and the dough
> must have had whey in it.

It's funny you should mention pizza.  I am kind of curious if any one else
who is LI reacts to hot pizza.  Pizza that has hot melted cheese on it
does not really effect me at all.  No stomach ache or anything.  It might
make me fell tired in the next couple of days but other than that nothing.

Does anyone else cheat on pizza without Lactaid pills?  I was wondering if
it is hot cheese that lessens the effects of the pizza because I can't eat
cold pizza.

Sarah