NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sherene Silverberg <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 10:56:33 -0400
Eric

I have not seen any research on this, but I do have a few friends,
now in their 40's who have found that they are less lactose
intolerant than they were in their 20's.  They have no idea why this
has happened.

You are so lucky your allergy shots are working for your cat allergy.
I am so allergic to cats that I can't even tolerate the beginning shot.

I read the other day that children who are lactose intolerant often
outgrow it by the time they are 5 or 6 but those who are allergic to
casein tend not to grow  out of it.  This doesn't seem relevant to
you though.

I did a dairy challenge the other day and unfortunately I am still
allergic to dairy.  Oh, well. I was hoping that once my villi had
healed that the casein allergy would have eased.

Shez in Norfolk.