NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Rachele Shaw <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Mar 1997 17:52:46 -0600
> BETTER THAN MILK regular
>used to really be "better" and even when I used the "lite" variety, it
>was not bad.     Now it is totally disgusting, settles out to a gritty
>bottom and translucent liquid on top.I wish I could find decent replacements

To drink my son will only drink the premade liquid soymilks like Edensoy or
Vitasoy, etc.  But I do use a powdered soymilk beverage for thickening
sauces, etc. in cooking that you could try.  My son does not like the taste
of it either to just drink.

It is called Solait and although it was just bought out and is now
distributed by Sovex it is still made by the original owner (Devonsoy).
The ingredients are soybeans, brown rice syrup, sunflower oil, calcium
carbonate, sea salt, natural flavor and lecithin.  They also make a vanilla
version but I've found that has a strong vanilla taste, especially for
sauces, etc.

Rachele Shaw