NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Thu, 10 Nov 2005 13:36:24 -0800
Thanks for the info, Mark. I will take note and inform the family that we can't
really trust these labels yet. Too bad! But I think I will write a note of
appreciation to the companies that are doing it. Perhaps it will encourage them
to keep doing it and even to expand what they label?

About kosher foods - I'm not Jewish, and don't know anyone Jewish here locally
to ask. But I was trying to find a place to buy kosher deli meats and such here
in Portland, Oregon - but I was unable to find them! I know there has to be a
way. Any suggestions, anyone, on how to look?

I get so frustrated with meats listing "lactose" so often - my local store
sometimes carries hotdogs that are labelled as kosher (Hebrew National), but I
just can't find deli meats for sandwiches (can't remember the last time I had
one, in fact). ugh!

Gertie