NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Martin Finne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 7 Nov 1997 00:26:06 +0100
> > Gluten and casein are as I understand it almost identical proteins.
>
> Not true.
You might be right. I am no chemical scientist, but I found this:

quote:
WE think therefore that it is important to be gluten/gliadin free and milk
protein free if diet is to be used. The more so because gliadinomorphin and
casomorphin are very similar and gliadinomorphin is part of the coeliac
disease peptide B3142(6)

I found this at:

http://www.wwwebguides.com/nutrition/diets/glutenfree/menta.html

-martinf.