NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Max Desorgher <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 28 Dec 1997 02:06:22 +-100
Dear list,

I am getting email like the following:

"We joined this list because we know that we must avoid
milk entirely.  We don't need to be convinced, we're there already!  We have
gotten some very helpful info off this list and don't want to unsubscribe but
we don't have the mailbox space nor the time to put up with this much longer.
If necessary could you make up another list for people like us that need
basic, practical day to day coping info?"

As listowner, I simply want to provide the sort of list that people want,
but there seem to be two groups of subscribers - those that simply
want a practical list of how-to-cope information, and those who are
also interested in scientific debate on everything from osteoporosis
to Paleolithic diets. Personally, I don't mind one way or the other,
but I do mind about subscribers signing off because their mailbox
is full of mail they are not interested in.

This was originally intended as both a scientific forum AND an online
support group, but if the two are becoming incompatible, maybe it
is time to consider starting a "no-milk-debate" mailing list. I'm sure
many people, including myself, would subscribe to both, but I am NOT
putting my name forward as potential list-owner!

Max Desorgher