NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Katie Addison <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 5 May 1998 22:36:35 -0700
daughter loves Triscuit and Triscuit Thin Crisps Crackers.  These both
have the OU symbol.

Nabisco has added OU-D to their Honey Grahams.  I called the company -
they have not changed the formulation, but the D reflects the fact that
the equipment is also used to make products that include dairy.  Why
does nobody seem to use the DE?

We have switched Graham Crackers to the Safeway store brand that has the
OU without the D.  Rebecca loves them.

Sunshine cookies makes Hydrox and Vanilla Fingers that are dairy free
(with a K instead of OU, if I remember correctly).  We don't do them
often, but they come in handy when her brother is given milk-laden
cookies.

Duncan Hines has a chocolate chip cookie mix that my kids like.

Several saltine crackers are fine.  Sunshine Krispy has the K.

Rebecca can have Nabisco's Teddy Grahams in Cinnamon or Honey.  They
would not be OK for the severely allergic since they are produced on the
same lines as the Chocolate Teddy Grahams which have dairy ingredients.

I am sure that I can come up with others, if you need more.

Cheers, Katie ([log in to unmask])