NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Martin Finne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Dec 1997 21:25:18 +0100
----------
> Fra: Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
> Til: [log in to unmask]
> Emne: Re: allergy testing
> Dato: 16. desember 1997 23:05
>
> Robyn Kozierok wrote:
>
> >You also said once that ear infections were *always* eliminated by
> >eliminating dairy from the diet, yet my son had several ear infections
> >when he and I were both strictly and scrupulously dairy-free.

<snip>
>    Then parents added those foods back to the diets of the 70
>    children.  Within 4 months, the middle ears became reclogged in
>    66 of the children, a result that reinforces the link between
>    food allergies and persistent ear problems, Nsouli and his
>    colleagues note in the September "Annals of Allergy."

The latest volume of the norwegian medical journal ( or whatever it's
called
in English :-), had an article on allergic rhinitis. It concluded that this
disease
was found in atopic persons. Atopic persons was defined as persons with
*protein* intolerance. Roughly 30 - 40 % of our population are belived to
be
in this category.

Another article in the same volume states 80% of pre-school gets acute
otithis media (middle ear infection). 50% of these gets repetitive
incidents.
(That will be 40% of the population.)
The authors (Kværner,Kari and Mair, IWS) points at gentic (ethnical,
inherited)
and  environmental causes for otitis media. Treatment for OM is tubes.

Eat a Zyrtec (antihistamine without dizzienss) :-(

-martinf.