NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Sandra Sheeley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Nov 2001 21:00:25 -0600
Here is a copy of the Hershey recipe from the FAAN website
http://foodallergy.org/recipes.html

Hershey's Milk-Free Special Dark Bark

M, E, W, P, S, N

1 (8-oz.) package of Hershey's Unsweetened Baking Chocolate, broken into
pieces
1/4 cup plus 1 tsp. shortening
1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups confectioners sugar

In medium bowl, microwave chocolate and shortening on high for 1 1//2 to 2
minutes, until mixture is melted and smooth when stirred. Add vanilla
extract. Gradually stir in confectioners sugar. If mixture becomes too
thick, knead with clean hands. Spread out in pan. Cover tightly; refrigerate
until firm. Break into pieces. Store, well covered, in refrigerator.