NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Martin Finne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 01:27:00 +0200
At 14:50 24.04.98 -0400, you wrote:
>On Fri, 24 Apr 1998 03:56:09 -0400 goalieootttaA wrote:
>> I'm wondering what the symptoms of dairy intolerance are.
>
>It might depend on whether you are lactose intolerance or
>have a milk protein allergy.
>
>According to what I have seen from everyone on this list,
>symptoms can include:
>diarrhea or constipation
>stomach cramps
>irritable bowel syndrome
>hives, exzema or other skin problems
>arthritis
>back pain
>kidney pain
>fuzzy thinking
>weight gain or loss
>hyperactivity
>autism
>infertility
>anaphylactic shock
>
>Some people's symptoms show up immediately, other symptoms
>take up to 2 weeks to occur.

or even developments of different time horizons.....

>Did I miss anyone's symptoms?
otitis media, skin problems, enlarged tonsils, rhinitis, asthma and otitis
media
(middle ear inflammation) are commonly mentioned.
I know personally most of them, but I don't know *my* bodily reaction to
milk from
the reaction to wheat...
Some people  calims that some proteins in milk and wheat (casein ad gluten)
are familiar.

So if malnutrition is a result, you may as well count in different
nerological symptoms as well.

Martin Finne,
Trondheim Norway