NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"E. J. Mumaw" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 14 Aug 2002 01:02:52 EDT
>>I would be critical about the allergist's assertion.

I am.  I am anaphylactic to natural rubber latex.  If a raw food is handled
with gloves I can't eat it, but if the food is then cooked well I can because
the protein is denatured.  I had just never heard of this happening with
milk.  But it does seem to be the only answer I have to the why of what has
happened.

I just had a thought.  My son was skin tested years ago for milk, but I have
seen discussion of being allergic to casein or whey or both.  Perhaps this is
the answer here.  Can they test to see which protein it is that he is
allergic to?  Can we do this with a RAST?

E.J.