NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Kathryn M Przywara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 8 Jan 2000 16:23:10 -0800
On Sat, 8 Jan 2000 08:11:39 EST E Coloura <[log in to unmask]> writes:
>  I can't find  teething
> bisquits without wheat or soy. Anyone know where to get them?

I just found a recipe for gluten, dairy, soy, egg free pumpkin cookies
that I was going to try for teething biscuits.  It uses rice flour and
potato starch.  I've found commercial ones that are wheat and dairy free,
but do have soy.  It's not so much a problem for us.  I also just found
some rice crackers that we are going to try too.  My 7 mo has 8 teeth, so
he can chew and grind stuff.

>  Where  can I
> get ingredient listings of foods besides going to the store and
reading every
> label?

You need to learn to read labels - and read them every time you buy
something.  Product formulas change, ingredients can change by seasonal
availability, etc.  Learn all the hidden ingredients.  I still miss
things even after I've read the same label 3 times!

Kathy P.

Juno now offers FREE Internet Access!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.