NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Julie Madgwick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 9 Oct 1999 21:32:00 +1300
Hi
It is indeed possible an allergic reaction to gluten.  The body can
sometimes build up a tolerance for something and then all of a sudden loose
it and react.  I believe what your daughter could be reacting from is
*colic*.
I have a lot of food intolerances and suffer from *colic*.  (I don't know
what else to call it).  Only most of the time, after an episode of extreme
pain, my bowel will empty with a massive explosion.
I am intolerant to all dairy, wheat, oats barley rye buckwheat potatoes
tomatoes.  My 3 children all suffer as well, with my 3yo also reacting to
eggs and chicken and millet.
I would query a gluten intolerance, being aware that gluten covers wheat,
oats, barley, rye, millet (altho millet has only a very small amount of
gluten, so much so that it is considered gluten-free.
Hope this helps

Julie
new subscriber