NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Wiss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Apr 1999 21:02:23 -0400
Carrie Micko wrote:

>I think there is even a list for the
>raw food diet.

There are several lists on raw food diets. Most are vegan or at least
vegetarian. Only one accepts all diet types, and that is where the raw meat
eaters hang out. Like this list it is hosted at St. Johns University. To
see what they discuss go to:

  http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/raw-food.html

Debbie Williams wrote:

>My son's allergist told me to give him Tums for his calcium intake,

I think doctors are swayed by name brands. Products are being relentlessly
advertised to them. Since Tums is a name brand it is what comes to their
minds to recommend.

>I thought calcium needed vitamin D for maximum benefit.

Yes, plus magnesium. That is why when you buy calcium it often has
magnesium along with it. A researcher into the diet of our ancestors says
calcium and magnesium should be in a 1:1 ratio.

Getting vitamin D is most important in the winter in Northern climates.

Don.