NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ann Eves <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 22 Dec 2001 08:07:12 -0800
My daughter, who is extremely milk sensitive, has
taken Augmentin in the past without her typical
allergic reaction. I do not think that there are milk
products in the liquid form unless they have changed
the ingredients. Augmentin is known for being tough on
the digestive system even in adults. We experienced
the behavior disturbance symptoms you describe with my
daughter every time she took any antibiotic medicine
in liquid form. I have always suspected the artificial
colors and flavorings as the culprit rather than milk
products. It certainly would not hurt to check with
your pharmacist about the medicine's ingredients or
call your doctor to change to another medicine if your
child is not doing well on Augmentin.

Ann