NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Suzanne DiPiero <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 13 Jan 1999 16:02:22 EST
<<
BTW, I believe that Crab Rangoon does typically contain dairy, so the
places that serve this are not 100% dairy free.>>

I think crab rangoon is made with cream cheese, so I avoid it.  Other than
that, I can't think of any other dishes or appetizers that I avoid.   It is
interesting that this topic was brought up.  I recall having a similar
discussion with a former co-worker.  We came to the conclusion that symptoms
similar to LI could result from the high oil content in these foods.   Or,
perhaps, if crab rangoon is a deep fried food, the oil it is cooked in may
contaminate the other foods which are fried in the same oil.   Anyone else
have a theory on this.