NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Marla Shapiro <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 20 Nov 2002 20:20:32 -0500
grace, i use any/all cookbook brownie recipes, but substitute fleishman's light stick margarine for butter/margarine (it's dairy-free & not unsalted, so the taste's ok). i have one recipe i use that calls for chocolate chips, & there's one brand of semi-sweet chocolate chunks (baker's, i think? i threw away the bag) that was marked as made on dairy equipment (DE), but contained no dairy & that was fine for my daughter. i'm sure you could substitute a gluten/wheat free flour for regular old white enriched, but i've never done that. i don't think i've made brownies that needed milk, but i do substitute rice dream vanilla enriched in all my other baking & i don't notice a difference in taste.....

if you don't have any recipes, email me back channel & i'll look some up....

Marla Shapiro, Ph.D.
MSC 5A0622
Regents Center for Learning Disorders
Georgia State University
33 Gilmer Street SE, Unit 5
Atlanta, GA 30303-3085

>>> [log in to unmask] 11/20/02 07:36PM >>>
I am looking for a really good dairy-free brownie recipe. If it's
wheat-free and/or gluten-free too, so much the better, but it's not
required.