NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
"Patti G." <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 20:22:10 -0500
Kelly Wright wrote:

 I also believe that Ritalin is the LAZY way
> out for our educational peers.

Being a teacher I take offense to this remark.  (I'm addressing this to
all so they view my opinion also) I know at our school we feel that
Ritalin is a cop out for many of our students and TOO MANY use it as an
alternative to what we feel could be helped first by discipline,
guidance, support and now I believe diet.  We as a staff do no REQUEST
that students be put on Ritalin.  If we did that entire classrooms would
be on Ritalin.  *S* This list has been incredible by making me now look
at the diet aspect of student behavior at the same time learing more to
help my 6 yr old with LI.

Patti