NO-MILK Archives

Milk/Casein/Lactose-Free List

NO-MILK@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Helen Fernety <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 6 Jun 1998 01:38:34 -0400
>Our doctor does not advise taking all these vitamins and supplements.
>We simply eat other foods rich in calcium --------------  My children are
>happy,healthy and growing as expected by doctors and growth charts :)
>
>Deborah

My daughter is very healthy also and we follow much the same dietary rules.
My allergist couldn't believe how great her Asthma and Exzema was. He was
very pleased with her.

He had a neat hint for her Christmas Tree allergy. He said it may not be
the tree but what the trees are spread with. He recommended we by a real
tree not Christmas. Wash it down with soap and water. Then let it dry in
full sun for a day. They try bringing it in and seeing if she has a
allergic reaction.

My son has had some dental problems lately. And both my husband & I feared
our dentist would fault our dairy-free diet. But he was very supportive and
said the kids may be even getting to much. Perhaps he was joking about the
too much comment.

We all take a multi-vitamin with extra calcium in the morning just as extra
insurance for the days when the diet gets out of wack. And I try daily to
feed the "troops" foods that are naturally high in calcium.

Take Care,

Helen